I am a Mumbaikar. Right from childhood I have stayed in Mumbai and have never seen anything outside 36 deg C and 22 deg C. I always wondered why cars have heating provision. Used to wish Northen cold wave shall continue a bit longer so that Mumbai remains pleasant for some more day. And used to wonder how come cold wave claims so many deaths every year.
But, this year I am experiencing this all on my own. Being stationed in Varanasi had taught something new which school geography never taught me.
1) Here people drive with heater ON. Because that is only way to survive in outside chilling 8-10 deg C
2) People wear 2-3 sweaters in addition to normal clothing and then add a leather jacket on top of it
3) Drivers drive just based on gut feel. (not because they are over confident but because there is absolute zero visibility after 8 PM)
4) Whenever u breathe, people may think u are smoking. Yes! that is breath fog for u.
5) Day sees maximum temperature of 11-12 deg C. And Sun.... where is it? Come next week. U may get chance to enjoy sunlight.
So.... that's why I said, winter aisa bhi hota hai! :D
But, this year I am experiencing this all on my own. Being stationed in Varanasi had taught something new which school geography never taught me.
1) Here people drive with heater ON. Because that is only way to survive in outside chilling 8-10 deg C
2) People wear 2-3 sweaters in addition to normal clothing and then add a leather jacket on top of it
3) Drivers drive just based on gut feel. (not because they are over confident but because there is absolute zero visibility after 8 PM)
4) Whenever u breathe, people may think u are smoking. Yes! that is breath fog for u.
5) Day sees maximum temperature of 11-12 deg C. And Sun.... where is it? Come next week. U may get chance to enjoy sunlight.
So.... that's why I said, winter aisa bhi hota hai! :D

Wah Sule Saheb...good to have you back.
ReplyDeletehmm..
ReplyDeletethode divsanni thandichi savay hoil.
mag ikde aalyavar. 'summer eisa bhi hota hai'
asa article lihshil.